There is plenty to do around Baltimore during your visit. Below find a list of activities which may interest you.
- Take a trip to Sherkin Island to see the Abbey or spend the day at one of the beautiful sandy beaches..
- Take a trip to the Gaeltacht Island of Cape Clear.
- Do a sailing course.
- Whale & dolphin watching
- Visit the Beacon at the entrance to Baltimore Harbour.
- Go scuba diving
- Deep Sea Angling
- Shore Fishing
- River Fishing
- The Glebe Amphitheatre.
- Go on the garden trail.
- Island tours on the ferries.
- Drive to the unique salt water lake and heritage site of Lough Ine 5 minutes away.
- Bring the children to the play ground.
- Go water skiing.
- Take a boat out to see the famous Fastnet Lighthouse.
- Bring the kids swimming in the Baltimore Harbour Hotel Leisure Centre.
- Browse through the myriad of art exhibitions.
- Visit the arts and crafts shop.
- Visit the heritage centre in Skibbereen and learn of its haunting famine history as well as fun marine and wildlife demonstrations for the kids.
- Go walking or hiking.
- For more information on events and background on Baltimore look up the village website on www.baltimore.ie
We in Bushes Bar would be delighted to give you any information or provide further help should you request it.